Friday, December 12, 2008

Reflection about Classroom Technologies

During my daily computer routine I check my e-mail, my facebook, the news, the weather and a few of my favorite blogs. I spend part of my morning reading what other people have to say about various topics from shoes to the news headline. I have become accustomed to reading the thoughts of other people and never would I have ever thought to create my own blog. So here it goes...

This blog was started for a class I am taking at Johnson and Wales University. The computer class is about using new technologies in a classroom. I find the subject extremely fascinating. The classroom has changed so much from when I was a young student; today there is the internet, blogs, podcasts, powerpoints, video clips, etc. I could not imagine integrating all of these new technologies available today in a classroom. I am excited to learn about how to use them in my future classrooms.

A blog is something that I would have never thought to use in classroom. But it could be very useful. For the teacher a blog could help keep assignments organized and available for students to review from home. A blog could be a place for students to display their own work or get feedback from peers. A classroom blog could be a great place for teachers to keep a running record of what his or her students are accomplishing. It could also be a place for parents to keep track of the classroom too.

After learning about blogs during the first two weeks of this technology class I hope and plan on using blogs in my class. I also hope to continue with this blog. So come along and learn about technologies for the classroom with me! :)

--Heather

3 comments:

  1. I like your ideas of using a blog in the classroom. It's a great forward thinking idea that can be used to it's fullest by many students and parents from diverse backgrounds. Technology is changing our world every day... it's time to see it in the classroom! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can feel your excitement about technology. That is a really good thing. I hope you follow through with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog shows your enthusiasm to learn new things. Apologies if that sounds like a fortune-cookie forrtune, but its true! Good luck with your learning, and I will be sure to follow you along :)

    ReplyDelete